07 Mar Apricot & Coconut Chicken
Posted at 15:17h in Meat Dishes, Recipes
SERVES 6-8 AS a main course
- 700G SKINLESS, BONELESS CHICKEN THIGHS (or 3-4 thighs per person, cut into thirds)
- 1t FINELY CHOPPED GARLIC
- 1t FINELY CHOPPED GINGER
- 1 WHITE ONION, PEELED AND CHOPPED
- 10 SOFT DRIED APRICOTS, HALVED
- 6 SOFT DRIED PEACHES, SLICED
- 1 TIN (400ML) COCONUT MILK (1.75 CUPS)
- 2 CUPS CHICKEN STOCK
- 2 CUPS BASMATI RICE
- FOR SERVING:
- GREEK YOGHURT
- LIME WEDGES
- OPTIONAL: FRESH CORRIANDER
- In a large ovenproof skillet with lid, fry the Chicken, Garlic, Ginger and Onion in Olive Oil until the Chicken is lightly browned.
(If you are using boned chicken pieces, brown them first on all sides and then start the recipe from the beginning.)
- Add the Basmati rice and fry until translucent.
- Add the Apricots, peaches, Coconut Milk and Chicken Stock and flavour with Salt & Pepper.
- Place chicken pieces on top and close the lid.
- Turn heat to a simmer and leave for approx. 10-12 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed and rice is just done.
- Sprinkle with fresh Coriander and serve with lime wedges & Greek Yoghurt on the side.