21 Sep 2022 Avocado & Sauce
SERVES 6-8 as a starter.
This recipe was made countless times by my mom when they had friends for dinner. It was always a hit! As a little girl, I was waiting eagerly in the kitchen, hoping someone would not finish their whole portion…
- 4 whole avocado’s, halved
- 1 cup All Gold tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Mrs Balls chutney
- 1-2 tablespoons green tabasco (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 heaped tablespoon apricot jam
- Salt & Pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together and adjust to personal taste (see notes below).
- Just before serving, cut avocados in half and remove the pit.
- Heat the sauce slightly in the microwave and pour into the hole of the avocado.
- Serve immediately and enjoy with a spoon.
- You can adjust this sauce to taste by adding more pepper or tabasco and also a splash of fresh lemon. These flavours give it a great kick and also compliments the creaminess of the avocado flesh well.