08 Sep Crispy Smashed Potatoes
Posted at 16:09h in Recipes, Salads, Sauces & Sides, Snacks & Starters
SERVES 8 AS A SIDE DISH
- 30+ small potatoes (apache or mediterranean)
- Olive oil
- Maldon Salt & Black Pepper
- For serving
- Creme Fraiche
- Mustard micro leaves
- Salad Vinaigrette
- 1. Heat the oven to 220˚C.
- Parboil potatoes in salted water for 15-20 minutes.
- Strain and place on an oven sheet/pan. Carefully crush each potato from the top (to flatten slightly) – use a solid spatula or your flat hand to help you.
- Drizzle liberally with Olive Oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Bake in the oven for a further 50-60 minutes until golden brown and very crispy.
- Place onto serving platter and drizzle with vinaigrette while still hot.
- Scoop a dollop of crème fraiche on top of each potato and sprinkle with Micro leaves.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature.