10 Feb Fig & Yoghurt Cheesecake
Posted at 12:42h in Desserts & Baking, Recipes
INSPIRED BY THE MASTER, OTTOLENGHI
slightly adjusted to taste
SERVES 8 LARGE SLICES
- 500G DOUBLE CREAM YOGHURT (to be strained)
- 400G CREAM CHEESE
- 40G ICING SUGAR
- 3 TEASPOONS
- 150G WHITE CHOCOLATE
- 200G HOBNOBS
(OR A SWEET DIGESTIVE BISCUIT)
- 60G UNSALTED BUTTER
- 2 TEASPOONS THYME LEAVES
SYRUP & SERVING
- 60G HONEY
- 3 THYME STALKS
- SERVING 4 PURPLE FIGS, THINLY SLICED
- Before anything else, prepare your strained yoghurt by placing it in a Muslin cloth over a colander in a bowl (or the basin) and hanging it from the tap with kitchen string. Leave for at least 15 minutes.
- Prepare the CRUST by grinding the Hobnobs in a small food processor. Mix melted butter and Thyme through and press tightly into the base of a prepared* springform pan. (* Prepare by lining the bottom with baking paper and brushing the sides with a little melted butter.) Set aside.
- Prepare the FILLING by combining the Cream Cheese, Icing Sugar, Lemon Zest and the strained Yoghurt in an electric blender bowl. Mix until well combined. Then add the Melted Chocolate and mix for another minute until smooth. Pour on the prepared Crust and spread evenly. Cover and cool for at least 2-3 hours before serving.
- For SERVING, remove cheesecake carefully from the pan and place on a serving plate. Heat the Honey and Thyme in a small pot until just melted. Cut figs in thin slices and place on top of the cheesecake. Pour sticky honey & thyme syrup on top and serve. Enjoy!