20 Jun Ostentatious Orange Salad
Posted at 13:39h in Recipes, Salads, Sauces & Sides
SERVES 8 AS SIDE DISH
- 2 whole eggplants, top trimmed and thinly sliced on the mandolin, roasted
- 500g butternut, diced and roasted
- 500g pumpkin, diced and roasted
- 1 garlic bulb, roasted
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained
- 1t curry powder
- 80g corriander
- 80g pumpkin seeds
- olive oil
- maldon salt
- creamy dressing
- ¼ cup greek yoghurt
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 6 basil leaves torn
- soft roasted garlic, pressed from skins (half bulb)
- Heat oven to 220˚C.
- Spread Butternut & Pumpkin, with the garlic bulb, in one level on a roasting tray and sprinkle liberally with olive oil and Maldon Salt. Roast for 30-40 minute. Let it cool.
- Drain the Chickpeas and fry with Olive Oil and Curry Powder for about 5-7 minutes. Let it cool.
- Lower the oven to 150˚C.
- Slice the Eggplants on the mandolin and sprinkle with fine salt. Let it rest for 5 minutes in a colander, then rinse well. Press dry and spread on a roasting tray lined with baking paper. Sprinkle with olive oil and bake for 30 minutes. Keep an eye until it is crispy.
- Layer the salad on a platter-board starting with half the coriander, then pumpkin & butternut, dollops of dressing, chickpeas and repeat. Use your hands to lift the salad and sprinkle with Pumpkin seeds on top.