08 Jun Tamatiestraat Layered Green Salad
The salad is inspired by the well-known “lagieslaai” which has been made by most Afrikaans households for many years. The original includes fried bacon and grated cheese as well as a LOT of mayonnaise! Our version is the “classy sister” and is slightly more sophisticated and healthier. It pairs really well with just about anything off the grill or is lovely as part of a light buffet al fresco lunch!
- LEMON YOGHURT
- 1KG DOUBLE CREAM YOGHURT
- JUICE OF 2 LARGE LEMONS
- 2 GARLIC CLOVES, FINELY CHOPPED
- 30G FLAT LEAF PARSLEY, FINELY CHOPPED
- SALT & PEPPER
- SALAD LAYERS
- 1 x 350G BROCCOLI FLORRETS, cut smaller
- 2 x 100G ASPARAGUS TIPS
- 1 x 500G FROZEN PETITS POIS PEAS
- 1 x 125G SUGAR SNAP PEAS, CHOPPED
- 200G BABY SPINACH, CHOPPED
- 1 x 100G SPRING ONION, FINELY CHOPPED
- 125G CELERY, FINELY CHOPPED
- 3-4 AVOCADOS, SLICED
- 400G FETA CHEESE
Prepare the lemon yoghurt by mixing all the ingredients together. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Pack the asparagus and broccoli in one layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with Olive oil, salt & pepper. Broil (grill) for 3-5 minutes. Remove and let it cool.
Prepare all the raw ingredients as described above.
Pack the layered salad into a glass bowl in the following order:
Keep cool until service.