21 Nov Tabouleh Salad
Posted at 14:16h in Recipes, Salads, Sauces & Sides
SERVES 6-8 AS a main course
This is one of my absolute favourite salads to make all Summer! It goes with anything and everything and keeps really well if you have to keep it out of the fridge for an hour or two – perfect if you want to travel with it to a lunch with friends.
- ½ cup uncooked bulgar wheat
- 2 large tomatoes (ripe but firm) deseeded, cut into small cubes
- ½ cucumber, deseeded, cut into small cubes
- ½ medium red onion OR 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 120g flat-leaf parsley (4 x 30g), roughly chopped
- 30g mint, finely chopped
- 1 lemon’s juice
- 80ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3tsp Tamatiestraat Tabouleh spice
- Maldon salt to taste
- Cook ½ cup bulgar wheat in 1¼ cup salted water for approx. 5 minutes until water is absorbed. Do not overcook – it must still be nutty. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare all other ingredients as instructed above.
- About 30 minutes before serving, mix all the ingredients together, taste and adjust if necessary.