24 Apr Tamatiestraat’s spices & sauces
SUNFLOWER OIL, ONION, CHILLI FLAKES, GARLIC, CAPSICUM, SALT
DESCRIPTION. Use as a condiment on the breakfast, lunch or dinner table. It is really is lovely with everything and delivers more on flavour than just spiciness.
IDEAS. Flavour yoghurt or mayonnaise and use as a dipping sauce, sprinkle over roasted vegetables before roasting, use in a pasta sauce or flavour a stir-fry.
Disclaimer: It is addictive.
PAPRIKA, BLACK PEPPER, CUMIN, CORIANDER, CLOVED, CINNAMON, ALL SPICE, NUTMEG, CARDEMOM
- Use this Lebanese spice to flavour cauliflower (or pumpkin, broccoli or your veg of choice!) before roasting in the oven. Serve with double cream plain yoghurt and fresh coriander.
- Rub a leg/shoulder of lamb or chops with this spice and olive oil before cooking for a Middle Eastern meat experience!
- Use this spice mix to flavour lamb or beef mince when making auntentic Koftas.
Use in the traditional Tabouleh salad as a spice with olive oil & lemon juice.
- Mix into yoghurt and serve with flatbreads.
CURRY BLEND, TURMERIC, GARLIC, PEPPER, CORIANDER, CUMIN, CINNAMON, CARDAMOM, CLOVES, MACE
- Marinade deboned chicken thighs with yoghurt and Coronation spice. Cook or barbecue and serve in a salad with crispy lettuce & litchi.
- A lovely mild, light coloured curry blend for a Summer prawn or vegetable curry.
- Use spice to flavour a mayonnaise to make a curried pasta salad with dried/fresh fruit, celery & feta.
CUMIN, CHILLI, SALT, BLACK PEPPER, SMOKED PAPRIKA, ONION, GARLIC, OREGANO
DESCRIPTION. This Cumin & Paprika forward spice transports you the somewhere between a Tapas bar in Spain or perhaps even a street vendor in Mexico. These flavours work really well for both these cuisines.
- Use this spice mix to make an authentic Spanish Shakshouka.
- Spanish Chicken or Calmari Rice will be next level with this combination!
- Flavour your Paella for true depth of flavour.
- Also perfect for Nachos, Enchilladas Tacos etc.
CAPE MALAY SPICE
CORIANDER, CUMIN, TURMERIC, GINGER, FENNEL, MUSTARD, FENUGREEK, PEPPER, CINNAMON, CHILLI, SALT, GARLIC, ONION, CLOVES
DESCRIPTION. Cape Malay curries are known for combining sweet and savoury flavours, tend to be quite mild but delivers full force flavour. Due to its origins and history, it is a fusion from flavours from Malaysia, Indonesia and East Africa. As soon as it hits the pan, the flavour is mesmerising.
- Use it in the preparation of an authentic Cape Malay Curry, whether it is chicken, beef, lamb or vegetables.
- This spice mix works really well when roasting and vegetables or…
- you can even spice pumpkin, roast it and make a curried pumpkin soup. Serve with dollops of greek style yoghurt and crispy pumpkin seeds. It will be a winner!